Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aylmer Playground Quest Begins

On a bike ride to one of our many local parks here in Aylmer Quebec I mentioned to my wife that with the amount of times our family bike rides ended at local playgrounds we should just aim to visit them all before it got too cold to do so and the idea for Aylmer Playground Quest 2010 began.

Ok it was partly mentioned by me to my wife in jest but she really took to the idea. It went without asking that our 3 1/2 year old and 20 month old, girl and boy respectively, would love the idea as well. We had no idea how many playgrounds were in Aylmer but knew compared to the other cities in Canada and around the world we lived there seemed to be more than average. My totally unscientific count of possibilities from the map, excluding schools even came up with possibly 40 playgrounds for this town of around 40,000.

We figured chronicling our views and experiences at each park might be fun as well as interesting to look back on. My wife's big on the nostalgia stuff. Me, I'd just slap photos in an album but she makes them look interesting. In case someone else from the area finds this blog of park visits I hope you too enjoy it and maybe even find it helpful. I won't get all technical laying out how many swings and picnic tables etc. each has. In fact I'll likely be inconsistent in what I cover about one park to the next. It'll just be a casual review of each park. I will be consistent in naming the park and its location, if you are not familiar with the street then Google is your friend! Google "Aylmer Quebec" and your first link is the map.


Feel free to comment on the reviews , we'd love to hear your reviews too.

No comments:

Post a Comment